40 Reasons Why Your Business Needs A Blog
If your business hasn’t started blogging yet, what are you doing? Pretty much no matter your industry, you need to do everything you can to stay in front of your customers.
Maybe not every single one of these reasons would pertain to you, but some will. It’s time to get off the fence and build yourself a 21st century communications tool. If you’re the DIY type of business owner, there’s lots of information out there designed to help you succeed.
Consider this post your push.
Here are 40 reasons to stop procrastinating, and launch what can become the centerpiece of your marketing efforts. Surely some of these reasons to blog pertain to you:
- To tell your story.
- To create hundreds (eventually thousands) of pages of indexed content.
- To establish your industry authority.
- To connect with your audience.
- To establish relationships within your industry.
- To provide real value.
- To educate.
- To inform.
- To entertain.
- To show us how you made your product.
- To show us how you performed your service.
- To establish trust.
- To sell more.
- To make money.
- To tell us about that awesome industry book you read.
- To interview another industry expert.
- To rank better in search engines.
- To have your content shared.
- To enrich lives.
- To provide your readers easy updates (without having to call your web guy).
- To share your opinions.
- To obtain feedback.
- To drive traffic.
- To serve as a foundation for your social media.
- To create brand awareness.
- To have a consistent say.
- To prove you’re human.
- To show us you’re likable.
- To function as your creative outlet.
- To communicate ideas.
- To vent.
- To publish something that wouldn’t have seen the light of day 20-30 years ago.
- To convey your side of the story.
- To be found.
- To be heard.
- To distinguish yourself from the competition.
- To increase your email list.
- To build links.
- To provide an additional networking tool.
- To show what you can do.
What reasons did I leave out? Don’t be shy.