Does the mention of a real estate blog leave you scratching your head for topic ideas? Chris Brogan once said, “No matter what, the very first piece of Social Media Real Estate I’d start with is a blog.” In response to reading his advice, I have to agree.” Real Estate blogging is one of the best ways to provide engaging and resourceful content resulting in rich and valuable information for an individual in the market for a new home. As well as a great marketing tool to drive sales. A real estate blog provides the opportunity to give potential clients a proof point and you, the agent, the opportunity to create content related to your niche. 10 real estate blog topic ideas are:
- Discuss real estate market trends
- Create detailed listings
- Provide details about the neighborhood such as crime stats, schools, shopping, local events and festivals
- Buying and selling a foreclosure
- How to stage a home and the impact it has on a sale
- Discuss the different neighborhoods your firm handles
- Home decor and building tips
- Real Estate laws and terms
- Types of mortgages
- Write what it’s like to be a realtor and why you chose the career
Real Estate blogs do not have to be wordy or a certain length. They do have to be consistent, current, concise, to the point and valuable for your readers and potential clients. As a realtor, if you haven’t already started a blog, it is not too late as there is almost no competition in most markets and plenty of business to go around. There are many other topics you can cover on the blog so feel free to use an editorial calendar for any ideas that may pop into your mind.
What are your ideas for a real estate blog topic? Good Luck!