Many marketing and lead generation professionals have a general idea of what selling out is, what negative implications it has, as well as what looks like it. Upon further reflection though, it can be a little more complicated. When people think of selling out, they usually just think of folks compromising themselves to please big business. Going just by that though can be pretty narrow-minded. What about business software firms like yours? You also have integrity, principles, and a sense of identity right? On the other hand, you cater to all kinds of business whether it is the Millennial entrepreneur in flip-flops or an entire board of directors in suits. It looks like no matter who you decide to cater to the most, anybody can accuse you of selling out.
Use Lead Generation To Express Your Take On Your Business Relationships
Luckily, there are many things you can say in your defense. Not everyone who is quick to smell a sell-out actually thinks beyond your typical anti-corporate mindset. In fact, it has gotten so bad that such critics have lost sight of the most basic definition. With marketing though, you can express the way you view your business relationships and show you are doing anything but compromising yourself.
- You aim to serve – Your software is supposed to serve. The purpose of finding ERP leads is to find opportunity to serve your target market. Your dedication to that service is part of your identity and thus, cannot be ruled as selling out. Have your marketing and lead generation materials focus on what you do to serve.
- You focus on quality – You do not rely on too much marketing hype and price-slashing to attract customers. Quality still takes higher priority than business image. It just so happens that said image is but the magnification of that quality. And again, this focus only affirms your dedication to integrity (and not selling out).
- You are open to feedback – Some people can be so extreme that they think even pleasing your own target audience can be considered selling out. Such an attitude is not welcome in good business. Whether it is ERP software or anything else, the focus should always be on the customer. You employ lead generation services that allow you to receive their feedback so you can learn more about serving them better.
- You use profit for growth – When it comes to money, do not be ashamed of finding it important and valuing the sales you make. No matter how many anti-marketers show you disdain, your goal is to make prospects realize how their money only helps you grow. And when you grow, it makes it easier to satisfy their needs.
- You minimize discrimination – You avoid discriminating based on business size unless it starts compromising your ability to serve. So long as they can afford it and can dedicate themselves to working with you, you maintain your integrity by giving the benefits of streamlined information management to anyone who needs it.
The most basic definition of a sell-out is one who compromises what is most important to themselves. In your case though, what is important to you are the relationships you have with your customers. It does not matter whether they are big business or small. Attract your ERP sales leads by showing how you value those connections regardless of anti-corporate name-calling.